Sunday, October 12, 2008

A start

I would be lying if I said we had a perfect lead-up to our departure. Late night phone calls from prospective employers kept Roland busy until after midnight the night before leaving. This meant the 5:15am alarm went off all too soon. So it was a tired, emotional and somewhat confused couple that boarded flight DJ62, bound for Christchurch, the following morning.

We've had fantastic weather so far and Christchurch is a very English, very pretty city. The crystal clear River Avon runs through town, and punts carry tourists downstream (see below). I've enjoyed wondering the city but Roland, being a boy, has had trouble doing more than one thing at once. That one thing thus far has been thinking about which job offer to accept. He has almost made a concrete decision, and I'll let you know what that is tomorrow afternoon, once the schools have been notified.

We're heading inland tomorrow after a very nice city stay.

1 comment:

Melbourne Walkers said...

How's the new camera's going?